Saturday, May 9, 2009

WELL Worth It

I've mentioned this to you recently, how thankful I am for the advice you gave me about dying to myself a little every day. I believe we are instructed to do something similar in the Bible somewhere (I just don't know where that verse is at the moment). Your thoughts had such a crucial impact with an ongoing issue I deal with.

I'm grateful for your friendship and the ways you look out for me by lifting me up and holding me accountable.

On the same topic of comfort, dying to myself is obviously NOT comfortable, but it is right.

I just finished Andy Stanley's book, The Principle of the Path where in it he talks about the meaning of "paying attention." He draws from the word pay, stating, "Why pay? Pay implies price. Pay implies cost. Pay implies giving away something of value..."

He reminded me that sometimes to get to the better place, the place God wants us to be, we will have to sacrifice some things along the way (we will have to die a little to our own selfish wants).
And while this is not always easy or comfortable, I believe when we stand before him on judgment day, it will be WELL worth it.
~ Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment