Monday, August 24, 2009

God Job on Earth

What a wonderful life to look forward to! Before we get there though, I wonder how many of us actually realize what we are meant to do here on Earth. I tell my children all the time how I cannot wait to see what their talents and interests are or what they will be as they grow. When I say this they normally beam with excitement as if waiting for that moment as well! They are like flowers while I am those pair of eyes just staring closely and waiting for their petals to unfold with what God blessed them with. Will they be musicians or dog lovers? Hot-dog eating contestants? Cavern guides? While it is suspenseful, I look forward to each day that a petal unfolds.

While growing up, I wasn't encouraged at all to do anything for fun or as a possible profession. I wonder if that would have made a difference in my life today if it had been otherwise. As it is, I cannot narrow exactly what I'd like to be when I grow up. Yes, I know. I don't think we ever do "grow up"; I think we just grow older. There are so many things I enjoy doing; I just wish I knew what I was made for.

In Ephesians, it says that "we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." So there we have it, we do have a purpose! On top of that, not only are we commanded to share the love of Jesus, but we were created with a specific callling. I believe that whatever God created in us to do, it is something that we not only will be great at (because it will come naturally), but we will actually have a passion for it. Who wouldn't want that? I pray that by the day God would reveal to us that specific passion and that we would accept that invitation and run hard with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment