Sunday, August 9, 2009

Face to Face

What would it be like to see Jesus face to face? I think about that moment where we face Him and already I am embarrassed to think about all the missed opportunities I had to follow Him and His will during this lifetime. I don't think we are supposed to live perfect lives here, but I firmly believe He always creates opportunities to draw us closer to Him. Every seemingly bad moment can be turned into something good and every good moment can be used to glorify Him.

I am still in awe that Jesus always was and yet agreed to suffer for us that we could be reconciled unto God! Who does that?! I wonder all the emotions He must have when He sees what we go through. I have found that when I am going through the saddest moments, I imagine Him weeping alongside and completely understanding my pain. I picture the moments when He was at the garden of Gethsemane right before He was arrested. "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. " (Matt 26:38, NIV) I also think about his reaction when He learned of Lazarus' death. Though He knew He could bring Lazarus back to life, "Jesus wept." (John 11:35, NIV) Think about it! Here we have Jesus who is the Alpha and Omega enduring emotional suffering as we do. We truly are never alone in our most joyous moments and the lowliest ones.

What would it be like to be in Heaven with Jesus or in the New Earth? Do we all get to chat with Him at the same time and be understood? Do we wait in line? Does He go house hopping? Do we all congregate in one area and all at once speak and listen? I love imagining and looking forward to how God's already got it worked out for us. What a surprise!

2 comments:

  1. At various times in my life, I often think about whether or not I would be ready to face Christ and look Him in the eye. More often than I'd like, the answer is "not quite." It's an exercise that always has me striving to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K.M.Weiland- Thanks for the comment! I cannot agree more! Logically, there's a sense of unworthiness to stand before Him, but when I read His word, it takes away the shame and the pressure and I find myself saying, "Yes! Because of You, I can stand before You." Nonetheless, I still do what I can to live a life that is pleasing to Him and that certainly is not always easy to do.

    ReplyDelete