Friday, August 21, 2009

A God Job

Now you got me thinking. Not only do I imagine what interacting with Jesus in heaven might be like, I also like to visualize what I’ll spend my time doing. I’ve heard pastors say they are certain there’ll be golfing in heaven. Ho. Ho. Ho. Ha. Ha. They laugh just like that when they say it, too. I like to golf. I’d be up for it, but I’m excited about an unexpected thing. I wonder what work God will have in store for me. No, I’m not a workaholic and I don’t thrive on running myself ragged (though because you know me, I can’t hide the fact that I dive into projects and plans with intensity). However, I do believe we will work in heaven. I also believe it won’t be the kind of work we’ll roll our eyes at out of frustration. Instead, the artists will be painting gorgeous multi-hued murals across the backsplash of heaven. Unreal, right? And the excellent communicators…maybe it will be there job to connect us to all our loved ones we were acquainted with on earth. The seamstresses, well quite clearly they will be sewing all the iridescent wings. Who knows? My point is that we get to use our gifts in heaven. Time with Jesus, yes and the best part! Using our gifts for HIS KINGDOM while in HIS KINGDOM? I can’t even imagine it fully, but I can say I’m beaming with a smile. It excites me like few other things. How though, I wonder, will God decide which of my five hundred gifts to put me to work on? Needed a little humor injection (sorry).

What kind of work might you be assigned to in heaven?

1 comment:

  1. Maria and Wendy,
    I love your blog!!! What an awesome ideayou guys had!!!!
    Speaking about heaven I hope I will be able to master some of those skills that I either don't have and wish I did, or those that I have in a small measure...
    And like you said Wendy, I am ready for the unexpected!!!!
    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete