Monday, April 20, 2009

Beauty Is In...What?


Okay, so I still can't articulate all the things I feel about the whole explosion that is...Susan Boyle. I'm hoping you can gather some words together and formulate something "pretty" about it all.


On another topic or extending somehow off the same topic I wasn't able to assemble my thoughts on...let's broach the topic of beauty. I've spent my day blogging about it on my blog and as a guest blogger and now I want your thoughts (but of course). How has our culture twisted the definition of beauty? I sometimes think the more airbrushed or plastic someone appears, the more kudos they get for being beautiful. Scary, huh?


Maybe I'm just wired strangely, or perhaps my faith really is wearing off on me, but I find Mother Theresa stunning. I came across some photos of her the other day holding a baby and she blew me away with beauty. My favorite thing about those pictures was the expression her face held. I'm speechless thinking about it.
Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment