Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Is God Pushing?

I like how you brought up Isaiah. ("He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him..." Isaiah 53:2). I think it comforts us to think of Jesus as a highly attractive person. He is/was highly attractive, but just not in the way our culture defines it.

Speaking of our culture...that brings me to the swine flu. I admit, I couldn't sleep last night so I turned on the computer and did a little research. This morning I learned the first U.S. fatality has resulted from the swine flu. I wonder if this will make Americans take notice even more than we already have been...you know the whole, once it hits home and affects me, it becomes more important. This is an extremely natural way to think. I wonder if God is constantly pushing against the natural in us?

Set the sad outcomes from the swine flu against the thousands of starving children in Africa...in America, even. Why are we so resistant to become involved unless we are directly affected? I ask this with my own share of conviction on this topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment