Friday, March 27, 2009

Does the apple fall far from the tree?

What do you think--does the apple fall far from the tree? I was thinking of this the other day while picking up my preschooler. She needed time to wind down before she gave me the details of her day at school. As she began to grump at me I realized, I am like that. As I began to think of both the strengths and weaknesses I may have passed along to my children it hit me--I need to amp up my prayer life.

It's wonderful to catch your child in the moments you know they are mimicking your behavior when its redeeming and sweet. It's a whole other story when you can tell you've passed along some questionable or even ugly traits.

I'm always fascinated by nature vs: nurture debates. How much do genes play a part of who are children become?

I guess in the absence of this knowledge I'm reminded to pray for even subtle character traits, the gleaming ones and the not so shiny ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment